Charge & Goals
The Rutgers School of Social Work Staff Council will serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean and Associate Dean for Administration and Finance on matters pertaining to the daily activities and work conditions of all staff members as they strive to support the mission and strategic plans of the School.
- Continuously facilitate communication between staff and school leadership with aim at strengthening relationships between staff, committees, workgroups, and the Dean’s office.
- Foster a sense of community among our diverse population here at SSW.
- Act as voice and advocate for the best interest of all staff members at SSW.
- Collect and disseminate information pertinent to all staff and to increase awareness of University and School policies.
- Participate, assist and advise in decision making processes that affect the staff’s relationship with the larger school community.
- Promote and advocate staff professionalism, and encourage opportunities for leadership and professional development.
- Contribute and develop initiatives to make SSW an efficient, fulfilling, and attractive work environment.