New Users & Employees
1. NetID: All new employees are assigned a NetID during the on-boarding process. Before arriving on campus, you will receive an email from University Human Relations (UHR) about activating your NetID. Follow the instructions provided by (UHR).
2. SSW Network Account: After receiving your NetID, email Patricia Toliver, administrative coordinator, and your supervisor to complete a new hire form, which outlines information like what equipment and file server permissions you will need. Often, your SSW username will be your first initial and last name (ie. jsmith for John Smith).
3. Email: Rutgers Connect (Microsoft Office 365) is the primary email platform at the SSW. Once your NetID is created and SSW IT has approved your access, you can log in to your connect account remotely here, or visit this page for information about additional services through Rutgers Connect.
4. Phone: Nearly all workstations have accessible phones that will be set up prior to your arrival. For information on how to use your phone, click here.
5. Additional programs: For additional system access or software programs like Adobe Creative Suite or statistical software, please email us in advance.
6. Help: Email SSW IT at email@example.com, or call (848) 228-2063 for additional support.