General Support & Services
- Rutgers Connect (Microsoft Office 365) is the central email system.
- Rutgers encourages you to register your email address alias (email@example.com). Click here and select "Manage Email Addresses".
- ScarletMail is the primary email system for students. For purposes including student collaboration, you can enable these services here.
Follow the steps below for basic instructions when using your Aastra (New Brunswick campus, only) desk phone. More information can be found here. Camden and Newark community members may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- In New Brunswick, to call a person in your building or on the New Brunswick campus:
- 932 numbers: 2 + last 4 digits
- 445 numbers: 5 + last 4 digits
To call a person off campus or on a different campus
- 8 + 1 + ###-###-####
- 8 + 011 + phone number
*This may not be enabled on all phones. Please contact email@example.com if you need this feature.
- Call your number
- When voice mail picks up, hit the * key
- Follow prompts
- Go to https://tdtools.rutgers.edu/voiceservice/
- Enter your NetID and password then click “Login”
- Step 1, select, “I need to report a problem”.
- Step 2, enter your phone number
- Step 3, select the checkbox for “Contact number is same as request number”
- In "request details", select your phone type, which will be a 6755i
- In "problem type" select the first checkbox: “I can’t receive my voicemail – please reset my password”
- Click “submit request”